TRAIN HARD. TRAIN SMART. TRAIN LIKE A DRAGON.
The swim team of the Scott County Family Y mixes great instruction and competitive opportunity with the YMCA emphasis on Core Values and leadership skills.
Our coaches focus on improving swim technique, building endurance, and increasing swim speed, while having fun! In addtion to promoting healthy living, self-esteem, and confidence, the SCFY Dragons build friendships that will last a lifetime. As a coaching staff we help swimmers set personal goals, then work hard to help them accomplish those goals.
The North Family YMCA is located at 624 W. 53rd St., Davenport IA 52806.
If you wish to try-out for the Dragons today, please contact our Dragons Coach Megan Shriver Click name for contact form
Green Group — $45/month, 5:30-6:30PM Monday- Friday
Swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool (25 yards) without any help or flotation. This group focuses on learning technique of the swimming strokes and building endurance.
Blue Group — $60/month, 6:00-7:15PM Monday—Friday
This group will focus on swimming drills that improve stroke mechanics and build swimming strength.
Red Group — $75/month, 6:30-8:00PM Monday—Friday
This group is for experienced swimmers and focus is on building swim speed through good technique. Dry land strength training is expected of this group.
Gold Group — $90/month, 6:30-8:00PM Monday—Friday
This group is for elite swimmers. Swimmers at this level are competing in State, Regional & national Swim Meets.
Swim Meet Schedule
- November 18th at Muscatine
- December 9th at Burlington
- December 16th at MACR (Downtown Cedar Rapids)
- January 6th at Dubuque
- January 20th at Maquoketa
- JANUARY 27TH AT HOME!!!!!
- February 3rd at Stoney Point (SW Cedar Rapids)
- May 5-6th at Mercer Park (ICE hosting)
- May 12-13th at Dankwardt Park Pool (EISF hosting)
- June 2nd at Hempstead Dubuque HS (DASH hosting) **SCY
- June 8-10th at Furman Aquatic Center (ACAC hosting)
- June 16th at Davenport Central HS (DMET hosting) **SCY
- July 6-8 at TBA (RCA hosting)
- July 12-15th at The Falls (BLAST hosting)
Program Fees & Registration Forms
Team Registration form 2017
*Includes: Registration, Program Change, Cancellation
2018 USA Swimming – $68 – Athlete Registration Application (coming soon)
*Yearly (Fall/Winter & Summer)
2018 USA Swimming – $38 – Individual Seasonal Athlete Registration (coming soon)
*Seasonal (Fall/Winter OR Summer)
2018 USA Swimming – $5 – Outreach Athlete Registration Application (coming soon)
*Income Based (Fall/Winter & OR Summer)
*Must have a Family Membership to the Scott County Family YMCA
*If you are recieving an income based disocunt, that same percentage will apply up to 50%
MASTERS SWIM TEAM (ages 18 & up)
Masters Swimming has come to North! Coach Megan will lead skilled adults in various workouts and swim sets to build distant, stamina, technique and confidence. Prior swimming ability required…doesn’t have to be perfect, but swimmers will need a basic knowledge and coordination in most strokes.
WHO SHOULD JOIN:
- Competitive swimmers
- Fitness swimmers
- Anyone over age 18
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN:
- Technique instruction by coach
- Stay active and lead a healthy lifestyle
- Practice tailored to your individual level
- Endurance and speed to beat your competition
- Expert coach to help you meet your goals
- Camaraderie and FUN!!!!
PRACTICES with YMCA/USA Swimming Coach Megan Shriver
Tuesdays 5:30am-7:00 am
Monthly for $30 member/$40 non-member
TRY IT OUT—ONE FREE PRACTICE