YMCA Licensed High-Quality Child Care
- Programs with assistance available for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years
- High quality child care at 3 Early Learning Center locations
- Collaborative programs include Universal Preschool and the Preschool Education Partnership (see below)
- See more detail about our Child Care Programs, Locations, Leadership and curriculum below
How do you get enrolled?
- See complete information about our programs below
- Contact any location leader for more information
- To inquire about openings, financial arrangements or other
information please click here to contact Amanda in the business office.|
- Click here for our files and forms section
Locations & Leadership
Davenport Early Learning Center
624 East 4th St.
- A $4 million center built in June 2016 in the heart of our downtown.
- QRS Level 4
Newcomb Early Learning Center
2619 Division St.
- A collaboration with Newcomb Presbyterian Church on the corner of Division and Central Park
- The center has an open floor plan in the lower level of the church and a playground that includes a variety of features and play options
- QRS Level 5
Palmer YMCA Learning Center
724 Harrison St.
- This facility was taken over from Palmer College
- QRS Level 5
Questions and Information
Please contact at Brent Ayers | 563-323-5770
The Scott County Family Y’s Licensed Child Care programs:
- Designed to meet the developmental needs of young children ages 6 weeks through 5 years
- We provide experiences that enhance and enrich each child’s cognitive, language, social, emotional, physical and creative development
- We operate under all licensing regulations set forth by the State of Iowa’s Quality Rating System
- All sites are state licensed and exceed the state-mandated ratio of teacher to students
YMCA Child Care Curriculum is developed from the following:
- Specific needs and interests of the children
- Talents and abilities of staff
- Creative and safe opportunities to learn through play
- Resources within the YMCA and the surrounding community
- Click here for more info on the Creative Curriculum model
Universal Preschool in Davenport
- A unique collaboration between the YMCA and Davenport Schools.
- Funded by the Department of Education
- No income guidelines to qualify for participation
- FREE preschool program
- Children must be 4 years old by September 15th of the current school year
- Also available: Preschool for 3-year olds $65 per week
For questions about Preschool
Please contact Brent Ayers | 563-323-5770