The Y. For a better us™
We're more than you know.
We're a cause.
Make an Impact Today!
>>CLICK HERE to make an online gift that will directly impact a child, adult or family!
ZOE FOR PRESIDENT!
Together, we can give ALL KIDS the tools and values to earn the highest positions in the country!
Click below to see the YMCA's pick to lead our country... in 50 years!
Watch our 2016 Campaign Video Here
Thank you to Campaign Chair Tara Barney of the QC Chamber, and Board Chair Kent Pilcher, president of Estes Construction.
YMCA Early Learning Center from Mike Mickle on Vimeo.
· Our $750,000 campaign goal is only half of the total assistance we will provide
· $1.3 million in direct financial assistance will be given to our community
· Over 1,500 people will make donations to support this mission
· Nearly 85,000 volunteer hours bring the YMCA mission to life
Our mission is serving over 10,000 children.
Financial assistance needed to serve our local kids
· Camp Abe Lincoln $250,000
· Community Development $245,000
· Swim Lessons $40,000
· Child Care $250,000
These Community Development programs only happen because of donor support:
· Learn To Swim – Giving disadvantaged 4th graders life-saving water skills
· Y Achievers/ACES – Redirecting at-risk teens to graduation and the workforce
· YMCA Solutions – Working within 5 schools to close the achievement gap
· Y Zone – Providing safe Saturday nights county-wide for junior high kids
· Fairmount Pines – Collaborating to engage an entire at-risk housing community
· Quad City Scholars – Encouraging college education to lower income students
Our mission is serving 1 in every 3 people in Scott County.
· 45,000 people will be members of the Y next year
· Over 20% of members receive a total of nearly $400,000 in financial assistance
· We have tripled the percentage of members receiving assistance over the past 3 years
· Nearly 1.5 million times our community will come together visiting the Y
These important programs only happen because of donor support:
· Livestrong at the YMCA – Cancer support and group exercise therapy
· YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program – A national response to an alarming trend
· Parkinson’s Support – Helping seniors reclaim their health