LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA is a FREE program tailored to fit the specific needs of adult cancer survivors who would like to improve their quality of life before, during, and after treatment. This 12-week program meets twice per week with certified instructors and personal trainers who have undergone specialized training in the elements of cancer, rehabilitative exercise and supportive cancer care.
Participants in the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program receive a FREE 12-week membership for themselves and
• Increase flexibility and endurance
• Enhance functional ability to do everyday tasks
• Improve energy levels, build muscle mass and strength
• Reduce the severity of therapy side effects and prevent unwanted weight changes
• Develop an on-going physical fitness program, not only as part of recovery, but as a way of life
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
• Strong personal desire and a commitment to participate in the program.
• Inform your physician that you plan to join the program
• Give permission for LIVESTRONG at the YMCA staff to contact your physician or health care provider as needed.
at the YMCA gave me my life back.” – LuAnn
REGISTRATION & INFORMATION
For more information or to register for LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, contact MARLI APT, Fitness Coordinator, at 563 359 9622 or click here to send her an email.
Support LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is offered at no charge to participants. Your tax deductible donation to LIVESTRONG at the YMCA will help us continue to serve cancer survivors throughout our community. All gifts are greatly appreciated. To make a contribution, please contact Alex Clark at 563 332 7171 x112 or click here to send her an email.